Changes to recycling and waste service for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Recycling and waste services will be altered over the festive period.
Biffa’s crews will work over weekends to cover the collections which fall on the festive bank holidays.
Pick-ups on Christmas Eve will go ahead, but otherwise they will be affected for the next couple of weeks.
Collections due to fall on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or December 27 will all happen 48 hours late. Anyone with a Friday collection day will need to put out their bins on New Year’s Eve instead of December 28.
The following week will see pick-ups which normally would fall on December 31 to January 3 take place 48 hours late, with January 4’s collection postponed until January 7.
You may also want to watch:
In the first full week of the year – from January 7-11 – all collections have been put back by 24 hours.
Normal waste services will resume on January 14.
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend
The recycling centre in Weston will not be open on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Year’s Day.