Changes to recycling and waste service for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Recycling and waste services will be altered over the festive period.
Biffa’s crews will work over weekends to cover the collections which fall on the festive bank holidays.
Pick-ups on Christmas Eve will go ahead, but otherwise they will be affected for the next couple of weeks.
Collections due to fall on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or December 27 will all happen 48 hours late. Anyone with a Friday collection day will need to put out their bins on New Year’s Eve instead of December 28.
The following week will see pick-ups which normally would fall on December 31 to January 3 take place 48 hours late, with January 4’s collection postponed until January 7.
You may also want to watch:
In the first full week of the year – from January 7-11 – all collections have been put back by 24 hours.
Normal waste services will resume on January 14.
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Will garden village be revived?
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 9 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 10 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
The recycling centre in Weston will not be open on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Year’s Day.