Changes to recycling and waste service for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Recycling and waste services will be altered over the festive period.
Biffa’s crews will work over weekends to cover the collections which fall on the festive bank holidays.
Pick-ups on Christmas Eve will go ahead, but otherwise they will be affected for the next couple of weeks.
Collections due to fall on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or December 27 will all happen 48 hours late. Anyone with a Friday collection day will need to put out their bins on New Year’s Eve instead of December 28.
The following week will see pick-ups which normally would fall on December 31 to January 3 take place 48 hours late, with January 4’s collection postponed until January 7.
In the first full week of the year – from January 7-11 – all collections have been put back by 24 hours.
Normal waste services will resume on January 14.
- 1 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 2 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 3 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 4 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 5 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 6 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 7 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 8 Hornets celebrate historical promotion to National 2 West
- 9 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 10 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
The recycling centre in Weston will not be open on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Year’s Day.