Prizes on offer for sustainable travel across region
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
People can win prizes by taking more sustainable journeys to work for the next six weeks.
The Travelwest Challenge started on Monday and will continue running until July 21 and promotes the benefits of travelling sustainably.
It aims to get as many people as possible walking, cycling, using public transport and lift-sharing for their journeys.
Cllr James Tonkin, North Somerset Council's executive member for transport, said: "This is a great initiative to encourage sustainable travel across North Somerset.
"Reducing the number of cars on our roads is beneficial for all, it improves air quality, makes people more active and reduces carbon emissions."
You may also want to watch:
Using the free BetterPoints app, the challenge encourages people to leave their car at home by offering rewards and prizes, which include free entry to Mendip Outdoor Pursuits, Tyntesfield and Noah's Ark Zoo Farm.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force