Prizes on offer for sustainable travel across region
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
People can win prizes by taking more sustainable journeys to work for the next six weeks.
The Travelwest Challenge started on Monday and will continue running until July 21 and promotes the benefits of travelling sustainably.
It aims to get as many people as possible walking, cycling, using public transport and lift-sharing for their journeys.
Cllr James Tonkin, North Somerset Council's executive member for transport, said: "This is a great initiative to encourage sustainable travel across North Somerset.
"Reducing the number of cars on our roads is beneficial for all, it improves air quality, makes people more active and reduces carbon emissions."
You may also want to watch:
Using the free BetterPoints app, the challenge encourages people to leave their car at home by offering rewards and prizes, which include free entry to Mendip Outdoor Pursuits, Tyntesfield and Noah's Ark Zoo Farm.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset