Prizes on offer for sustainable travel across region
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
People can win prizes by taking more sustainable journeys to work for the next six weeks.
The Travelwest Challenge started on Monday and will continue running until July 21 and promotes the benefits of travelling sustainably.
It aims to get as many people as possible walking, cycling, using public transport and lift-sharing for their journeys.
Cllr James Tonkin, North Somerset Council's executive member for transport, said: "This is a great initiative to encourage sustainable travel across North Somerset.
"Reducing the number of cars on our roads is beneficial for all, it improves air quality, makes people more active and reduces carbon emissions."
You may also want to watch:
Using the free BetterPoints app, the challenge encourages people to leave their car at home by offering rewards and prizes, which include free entry to Mendip Outdoor Pursuits, Tyntesfield and Noah's Ark Zoo Farm.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented