North Somerset Council issues apology over bin collection delays
- Credit: Sub
North Somerset Council apologised saying waste collection standards ‘must improve’.
Biffa has claimed the delayed collections were a result of staff shortages and vehicle breakdowns.
It has been posting details of potential delays online in recent weeks.
A council spokesman said: "We sincerely apologise for the delayed collections.
"There have been various issues at Biffa, including vehicle breakdowns and staff shortages which has resulted in delays.
"We have been updating the website and social media pages as much as possible to keep people informed about the delays.
"Biffa understands the service must improve drastically and be brought back up to the standard we expect as soon as possible.
- 1 Man jailed for savage attack on three women at Weston pub
- 2 Person dies after incident at Weston's Marine Lake
- 3 World-renowned cider maker to host family open day next month
- 4 Councillors hit back at proposed bus cuts in North Somerset
- 5 No dentist in North Somerset is accepting new NHS patients, study shows
- 6 Help reunite owner of lost photo found in charity shop purse
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 'Extreme heat' warning issued for Somerset
- 9 'Unexplained' death at Weston nightclub
- 10 Carers reach finals in top awards
"We have seen a much better picture in the past week and we will monitor areas that are experiencing problems."