North Somerset Council issues apology over bin collection delays
- Credit: Sub
North Somerset Council apologised saying waste collection standards ‘must improve’.
Biffa has claimed the delayed collections were a result of staff shortages and vehicle breakdowns.
It has been posting details of potential delays online in recent weeks.
A council spokesman said: "We sincerely apologise for the delayed collections.
"There have been various issues at Biffa, including vehicle breakdowns and staff shortages which has resulted in delays.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been updating the website and social media pages as much as possible to keep people informed about the delays.
"Biffa understands the service must improve drastically and be brought back up to the standard we expect as soon as possible.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
"We have seen a much better picture in the past week and we will monitor areas that are experiencing problems."