North Somerset Council issues apology over bin collection delays
- Credit: Sub
North Somerset Council apologised saying waste collection standards ‘must improve’.
Biffa has claimed the delayed collections were a result of staff shortages and vehicle breakdowns.
It has been posting details of potential delays online in recent weeks.
A council spokesman said: "We sincerely apologise for the delayed collections.
"There have been various issues at Biffa, including vehicle breakdowns and staff shortages which has resulted in delays.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been updating the website and social media pages as much as possible to keep people informed about the delays.
"Biffa understands the service must improve drastically and be brought back up to the standard we expect as soon as possible.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
"We have seen a much better picture in the past week and we will monitor areas that are experiencing problems."