North Somerset Council issues apology over bin collection delays
- Credit: Sub
North Somerset Council apologised saying waste collection standards ‘must improve’.
Biffa has claimed the delayed collections were a result of staff shortages and vehicle breakdowns.
It has been posting details of potential delays online in recent weeks.
A council spokesman said: "We sincerely apologise for the delayed collections.
"There have been various issues at Biffa, including vehicle breakdowns and staff shortages which has resulted in delays.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been updating the website and social media pages as much as possible to keep people informed about the delays.
"Biffa understands the service must improve drastically and be brought back up to the standard we expect as soon as possible.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
"We have seen a much better picture in the past week and we will monitor areas that are experiencing problems."