Council launches ‘urgent’ appeal for foster parents in North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
North Somerset Council has launched an appeal to seek out new foster parents who can take care of children in the district.
The council is holding an information evening and is encouraging people to come along who may be interested in being a foster carer.
People will also be invited to take part in the council’s Skills To Foster (STF) course, which is due to start at the beginning of next month.
Cllr Jan Barber, the authority’s executive member for children and young people’s services, said: “We urgently need more foster carers.
“The STF training usually takes three days, which take place across two consecutive Saturdays plus a weekday, which helps people prepare for fostering before applying formally.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place at Costa Coffee, in Weston’s Oxford Street, on January 16 from 6.30-8pm.
To find out more, visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/fostering or call 01275 888999.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset