Roads to be treated ahead of winter
PUBLISHED: 16:00 12 August 2018
Weston-super-Mare's roads will benefit from a £631,000 investment to prepare them for winter.
North Somerset Council will carry out a month-long programme of surface improvements throughout August.
Just under 119,000sqm of road will be treated which will increase skid resistance and make surfaces more durable.
Mendip Road, Sandford Road and Greenacre will be treated.
Roads in Yatton, Congresbury and Locking will also be affected with closures in place while work is carried out.
Cllr Elfan Ap Rees, executive member for highways, said: “Surface treatments are one of the most effective and economical ways we maintain and restore road surface condition because only the very top layer needs treating.
“Carrying out the treatment programme now means our roads are better protected in time for winter.
“The work will take place under road closures so the resurfacing can be carried out safely.
“We ask that drivers take care, drive slowly and observe the temporary speed limit signs.
“Staff will be onsite throughout the works to advise motorists and residents of access arrangements.
“We have also asked our contractors to do everything they can to minimise disruption.”
List of roads to be treated:
• A370 – Jubilee Inn to Stancombe Lane, Flax Bourton
• B3124 – Clevedon Road, Portishead
• B3124 – Wellington Terrace, Castle Road and Holly Lane, Clevedon
• B3130 – Southern Way and Old Church Road, Clevedon
• Backwell Bow, Nailsea
• Backwell Common, Backwell
• Chapel Hill, Backwell
• Cotswold Close, Portishead
• Elm Tree Road, Locking
• Forester Road, Portishead
• Greenacre, Weston-super-Mare
• Hern Lane, Long Ashton
• Kent Road, Congresbury
• Lodge Lane, Flax Bourton
• Mendip Road, Weston-super-Mare
• Norfolk Road, Portishead
• Sandford Road, Weston-super-Mare
• Stocksway South, Nailsea
• Tudor Road, Portishead
• Valley Road, Portishead
• West Links Close, Weston-super-Mare
• Westaway Close, Yatton
• Wild Country Lane, Long Ashton