Health walks taking place across North Somerset throughout May
- Credit: North Somerset Council
People who are looking for a healthy way to spend some time outside are encouraged to take part in health walks.
Weekly strolls take place across the area and allow people to get out in the fresh air, know the area around them more and to meet new people.
The walks are free and run by trained volunteers who provide support and encouragement.
Health walks are ideal for those who may have walked in the past and got out of the habit, or are no longer able to walk as far as they once could.
Walking for Health supports anybody who would like to become more active and welcomes more than 300 regular walkers a week in and around Weston, Winscombe, Worle and Yatton.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the health walk groups, log on to www.walkingforhealth.org.uk/walkfinder/north-somerset-walking-for-health or call 01934 427222.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 Record fuel prices pose health threat for Weston parent
- 6 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 9 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 10 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children