Health walks taking place across North Somerset throughout May
- Credit: North Somerset Council
People who are looking for a healthy way to spend some time outside are encouraged to take part in health walks.
Weekly strolls take place across the area and allow people to get out in the fresh air, know the area around them more and to meet new people.
The walks are free and run by trained volunteers who provide support and encouragement.
Health walks are ideal for those who may have walked in the past and got out of the habit, or are no longer able to walk as far as they once could.
Walking for Health supports anybody who would like to become more active and welcomes more than 300 regular walkers a week in and around Weston, Winscombe, Worle and Yatton.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the health walk groups, log on to www.walkingforhealth.org.uk/walkfinder/north-somerset-walking-for-health or call 01934 427222.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset