Health walks taking place across North Somerset throughout May
- Credit: North Somerset Council
People who are looking for a healthy way to spend some time outside are encouraged to take part in health walks.
Weekly strolls take place across the area and allow people to get out in the fresh air, know the area around them more and to meet new people.
The walks are free and run by trained volunteers who provide support and encouragement.
Health walks are ideal for those who may have walked in the past and got out of the habit, or are no longer able to walk as far as they once could.
Walking for Health supports anybody who would like to become more active and welcomes more than 300 regular walkers a week in and around Weston, Winscombe, Worle and Yatton.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the health walk groups, log on to www.walkingforhealth.org.uk/walkfinder/north-somerset-walking-for-health or call 01934 427222.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers