5 firework displays to see in North Somerset
- Credit: citizenside.com
Firework displays will be back with a loud bang this week as Weston and North Somerset's sky braces itself for the first bonfire night undeterred by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The long-held tradition, bizarrely, celebrates Guy Fawkes' failed gunpowder plot of 1605 which aimed to blow up the House of Lords and assassinate King James I.
This will be the first Bonfire Night celebration in 18 months for many organisers such as the Grand Pier which will bring back its Fireworks At Sea display.
Here are the details of the events taking place in the next week:
Portishead Town Football Club Firework Spectacular
Where: Bristol Road, Portishead
When: November 4, 5.30pm
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 6 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 9 Tributes paid to 'caring, loving and funny' 17-year-old who died in collision
- 10 History of the Weston Mercury office building in Weston-super-Mare
Price: £2 - £6
Advance tickets can be purchased from Mark’s Barber Shop, The Butcher’s Block and The Sports Shop. The evening will also include a raffle in support of the Teenage Cancer Trust, a hog roast and a kids barbeque.
Hans Price Academy Community Fireworks Display
Where: Marchfields Way, Weston
When: November 4, 5.30pm
Price: £2 - £10, payable on the gate.
Hans Price Academy has promised fun and games for its display, with refreshments available and no pre-booking required. Ticket prices are £2 for under 16s, £3 for adults and £10 for a family of five or two adults and three children.
Yatton Schools Fireworks Night
Where: Yatton Rugby Club, North End
When: November 5, 5.30pm with fireworks starting at 7pm.
Price: £6 (individual) - £20 (two adults, four under 18s) on the gates.
Tickets are priced £5 and £15 if booked before 1pm on November 4 via www.tinyURL.com/YattonFireworks. The event will feature a barbeque as well as an indoor bar offering mulled wine, Bailey's hot chocolate and toffee apples.
Burnham's Grand Firework Display
Where: The Esplanade
When: November 7, 6.30pm
Price: Free to attend
Burnham Town Council has said it is delighted to be hosting a firework display once again.
Town mayor, Cllr Mike Facey, said: “After coronavirus stopped last year’s event, and following what has been a very difficult & challenging period, we hope that this year’s spectacular will bring joy to residents & visitors alike."
Where: Marine Parade, Weston
When: November 13, 6pm - 9.30pm
Price: £11.95 - £29.95
Tickets for the Grand Pier's event have been divided into standard, gold and platinum with each providing entry and unlimited rides and extra incentives such as priority entry and a meal.
For tickets, visit www.grandpier.co.uk/events/fireworks-at-sea-nov-2021