Community support day raises hundreds of pounds for charity
- Credit: Archant
A community day raised awareness for a charity.
The North Somerset LGBT+ Forum hosted its rumble in the jumble and community support day in the Sovereign Shopping Centre, in High Street.
Representatives from MyUmbrella LGBT+, Warriors Of Wellbeing and Bridging The Gap Together were on hand to offer advice to guests. Raffles, prizes, jumble stalls and a karaoke area were also set up.
The registered charity was formed to support members of the LGBT+ community and their friends and families within North Somerset.
Group chairman, Steve Winter-Gray, said: 'The whole team want to say a huge thank you to everyone who stopped by to have a chat, find out what we were doing and why we were doing it and just getting to know about us being in Weston.
You may also want to watch:
'The total raised on the day came to £199.67, which was great considering this was our first public event and we hope to be back soon for another.'
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 New leadership team for charity
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences