Community support day raises hundreds of pounds for charity
- Credit: Archant
A community day raised awareness for a charity.
The North Somerset LGBT+ Forum hosted its rumble in the jumble and community support day in the Sovereign Shopping Centre, in High Street.
Representatives from MyUmbrella LGBT+, Warriors Of Wellbeing and Bridging The Gap Together were on hand to offer advice to guests. Raffles, prizes, jumble stalls and a karaoke area were also set up.
The registered charity was formed to support members of the LGBT+ community and their friends and families within North Somerset.
Group chairman, Steve Winter-Gray, said: 'The whole team want to say a huge thank you to everyone who stopped by to have a chat, find out what we were doing and why we were doing it and just getting to know about us being in Weston.
You may also want to watch:
'The total raised on the day came to £199.67, which was great considering this was our first public event and we hope to be back soon for another.'
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 4 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 5 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 6 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters