Charity to host community day this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A charity will host a community day in Weston this weekend.
The North Somerset LGBT+ Forum 'rumble in the jumble' and community support day will be held in the Sovereign Shopping Centre, in High Street, on Sunday at 10am.
The registered charity was formed to support members of the LGBT+ community and their friends and families within North Somerset.
The forum is a voluntary organisation whose aims are to provide a voice for the LGBT+ community and to be the primary organisation for LGBT+ matters in the area. Its vision is for North Somerset to be fully inclusive of, and engaged with, the LGBT+ population, and a friendly and welcoming place to live in and visit for members of the LGBT+ community.
Stalls will include bric-a-brac, branded LGBT+ merchandise, an entertainment corner and a kids' craft area with prizes.
You may also want to watch:
The forum is based in Boulevard.
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 5 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 6 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 10 Two shops opening for first time next week