Charity to host community day this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A charity will host a community day in Weston this weekend.
The North Somerset LGBT+ Forum 'rumble in the jumble' and community support day will be held in the Sovereign Shopping Centre, in High Street, on Sunday at 10am.
The registered charity was formed to support members of the LGBT+ community and their friends and families within North Somerset.
The forum is a voluntary organisation whose aims are to provide a voice for the LGBT+ community and to be the primary organisation for LGBT+ matters in the area. Its vision is for North Somerset to be fully inclusive of, and engaged with, the LGBT+ population, and a friendly and welcoming place to live in and visit for members of the LGBT+ community.
Stalls will include bric-a-brac, branded LGBT+ merchandise, an entertainment corner and a kids' craft area with prizes.
The forum is based in Boulevard.
- 1 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 2 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 5 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 6 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 7 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 8 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 9 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 10 Items left in town centre doorways to be removed in bid to tidy Weston town centre