North Somerset MP Dr Liam Fox says Tories will tackle Brexit and climate change
- Credit: Archant
Dr Liam Fox says his party’s main priority is to deal with Brexit, following his re-election as MP for North Somerset in the General Election.
Dr Fox received 32,801 votes, which will see him represent North Somerset for the eighth time.
He also increased his majority from 17,103 to 17,536.
Speaking about his victory, he said: "Being elected for an eighth time is just as good a moment. We have got a slight increase in majority, which is very nice.
"It's a great honour and a privilege to represent North Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
"Our main issue in the House of Commons is to deal with Brexit, to get us out of the EU and get a good future relationship.
"Locally, we have got to ensure the completion of the MetroWest railway project. We have given a commitment (to reopen the Portishead rail line) and I will make sure the Government do that."
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 6 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
He also stressed he would like to work on tackling climate change and highlighting the importance of global security over next five years