Nine restaurants signed up to Eat Out To Help Out scheme
People are being encouraged to dine out as a number of restaurants, cafés and pubs will participate in the government’s Eat Out to Help Out scheme this month.
The initiative will allow people to benefit from 50 per cent off the price of their meals, up to the value of £10 a head, when they dine out from Monday to Wednesday in August – the government will reimburse the restaurant the remaining amount.
The scheme aims to boost the hospitality industry following months of coronavirus lockdown, and a number of establishments have signed up in the area in a bid to boost numbers coming through the doors.
Here are nine eateries taking part in the scheme in North Somerset:
The Grand Pier, in Marine Parade, Weston.
Tiffany’s Restaurant is situated at the back of the pier, featuring panoramic views of the bay.
The Salthouse Bar and Restaurant, Salthouse Road, Clevedon.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
The listed building has been established for more than 20 years, and cost of parking can be redeem against food and drinks.
Bottelino’s in Harbour Road, Portishead.
The Italian restaurant has terrace seating and views of the quay.
Bistrot Pierre in Beach Road, Weston.
Bistrot is open seven days a week for lunch and dinner, and offers gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian options.
Aqua Portishead in Martingale Way.
The venue, on the marina, serves classic and contemporary Italian food.
Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill at DoubleTree by Hilton Cadbury House, in Frost Hill, Congresbury.
Located within the hotel, the restaurant offers a stylish setting for special occasions.
OLEA in South Parade, Weston.
The establishment has a new layout and menu, as well as offering contactless order and pay and takeaway options.
Angelina’s Restaurant in Colehouse Lane, Clevedon.
Angelina’s reopened in July and just started a sit-down service.
Demetris Taverna in Richmond Street, Weston.
Demetris is an authentic Greek restaurant, which offers a weekly virtual specials boards and home collection and delivery.
To search for eateries in your area which are signed-up to the scheme, click here.