Council reveals rubbish collection dates for Christmas 2019
- Credit: Archant
Waste and recycling collections will change over the next few weeks because of the Christmas and New Year bank holidays.
Households are being advised by North Somerset Council to closely monitor when collections will take place.
There will be no alterations this week and rubbish and recycling boxes will be picked up as normal on Monday and Tuesday in the run up to Christmas.
There will be no pick ups on Christmas Day or Boxing Day; they will instead happen 48 hours later than normal.
Anyone whose rubbish would normally be collected on December 27 is advised to put their items out on December 30 instead.
During the final week of the year, collections normally due to happen on December 30 will take place 24 hours later, with those due to occur on December 31 to January 2, all two days later.
The Friday collection on January 3 will again be postponed until the following Monday.
- 1 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 2 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 3 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 4 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 5 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 6 How you can keep your mobile charged at Glastonbury 2022
- 7 Weston business launches recruitment drive
- 8 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandals strike
- 9 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 10 Weston's new mayor and deputy formally elected at council ceremony
The final week of disruption will be January 6-10 when items will be picked up 24 hours later than normal.
Garden waste, recycling and rubbish collections will return to normal from week commencing January 13.
A North Somerset Council spokesman said: "Christmas is the busiest time for collection crews with lots of extra waste and recycling created.
"You might see a different recycling vehicle while we deal with this increase.
"Although the way it's collected may change, it will be recycled as normal."
The district's recycling centres will also all be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Last year North Somerset Council recycled more waste than ever before over the festive period.
For the month starting December 17, 894 tonnes of extra recycling were collected compared with the average for the rest of 2018.
Importantly, 361 tonnes less non-recycleable rubbish was picked up compared with Christmas 2017.
To check the diary of collection dates, visit www.ow.ly/JnJF30pT5zy