Three-day weather warning issued for North Somerset
- Credit: Timmay Curtis
North Somerset will be hit by heavy rain and strong winds this weekend.
The Met Office has issued two yellow weather warnings starting from today (Friday) until Sunday.
A warning for heavy rain with a possibility of flooding and traffic disruption has been issued from 3am on Friday until 6am on Saturday.
Another warning has been issued for strong winds from Saturday at noon lasting until noon on Sunday.
A spokesman from the Met Office said: "It's likely that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities affected by spray or large waves.
You may also want to watch:
"Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely.
"Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely."
For information on what to do incase of a flood, visit www.bit.ly/NSflooding
- 1 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 2 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 3 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 4 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 7 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 8 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 9 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?