North Worle by-election candidates announced
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The candidates running in a by-election in North Worle have been announced this week.
A seat became vacant on Weston Town Council in June when councillor Frederick Parsons died.
At least 10 people from the ward called for a by-election and one was announced in August. The election will take place on October 10.
The filing deadline for nominations closed on Friday, and three people have put themselves forward to try to fill the vacant seat.
Marc Aplin will run for the Conservative party, Dave Dash will represent the Labour party and Lewis Treloar is running for the Liberal Democrats.
You may also want to watch:
Of the three, only Mr Treloar contested a similar by-election in North Worle last year, when Cllr David Mead died.
That election was won by Cllr Denise Hunt, and it was the first time Labour had taken a seat in North Worle.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 10 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
Canvassing has already begun.