North Worle by-election candidates announced
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The candidates running in a by-election in North Worle have been announced this week.
A seat became vacant on Weston Town Council in June when councillor Frederick Parsons died.
At least 10 people from the ward called for a by-election and one was announced in August. The election will take place on October 10.
The filing deadline for nominations closed on Friday, and three people have put themselves forward to try to fill the vacant seat.
Marc Aplin will run for the Conservative party, Dave Dash will represent the Labour party and Lewis Treloar is running for the Liberal Democrats.
Of the three, only Mr Treloar contested a similar by-election in North Worle last year, when Cllr David Mead died.
That election was won by Cllr Denise Hunt, and it was the first time Labour had taken a seat in North Worle.
- 1 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 2 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 3 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 4 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 5 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 6 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 7 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 8 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 9 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 10 Lovely detached family home with Mendip views
Canvassing has already begun.