Live-saving equipment installed at Worle church
- Credit: Archant
Life-saving equipment has been installed at a North Worle church.
Nominated by The Old Manor Inn pub, the project has seen a defibrillator unit installed at St Mark;s Church, in St Marks Road.
The Sizzling and Carling community action campaign is an initiative where the lager brand supports a range of community projects across the UK.
A training session is scheduled to be delivered at the church to improve people's understanding of the role defibrillators play in saving lives.
Rev Chris Elms said: "Having a defibrillator is essential for every community.
You may also want to watch:
"The main reason so few people survive a cardiac arrest is due to a defibrillator not being available quickly enough.
"If a defibrillator is used and effective CPR is performed then chances of survival increase from six per cent to 74 per cent."
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 6 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers