Live-saving equipment installed at Worle church
- Credit: Archant
Life-saving equipment has been installed at a North Worle church.
Nominated by The Old Manor Inn pub, the project has seen a defibrillator unit installed at St Mark;s Church, in St Marks Road.
The Sizzling and Carling community action campaign is an initiative where the lager brand supports a range of community projects across the UK.
A training session is scheduled to be delivered at the church to improve people's understanding of the role defibrillators play in saving lives.
Rev Chris Elms said: "Having a defibrillator is essential for every community.
You may also want to watch:
"The main reason so few people survive a cardiac arrest is due to a defibrillator not being available quickly enough.
"If a defibrillator is used and effective CPR is performed then chances of survival increase from six per cent to 74 per cent."
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision