Live-saving equipment installed at Worle church
- Credit: Archant
Life-saving equipment has been installed at a North Worle church.
Nominated by The Old Manor Inn pub, the project has seen a defibrillator unit installed at St Mark;s Church, in St Marks Road.
The Sizzling and Carling community action campaign is an initiative where the lager brand supports a range of community projects across the UK.
A training session is scheduled to be delivered at the church to improve people's understanding of the role defibrillators play in saving lives.
Rev Chris Elms said: "Having a defibrillator is essential for every community.
You may also want to watch:
"The main reason so few people survive a cardiac arrest is due to a defibrillator not being available quickly enough.
"If a defibrillator is used and effective CPR is performed then chances of survival increase from six per cent to 74 per cent."
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 5 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 6 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications