Win a wedding - our shortlist is revealed
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 40 couples have been shortlisted in our competition to win a dream wedding worth £5,000 – and judges are now working to pick a final six.
The Mercury has teamed up with Doubletree by Hilton at Cadbury House in Congresbury to offer couples the chance to win the elaborate marriage package.
We asked hopefuls to share their romantic stories – and the winners will enjoy a dream package thanks to the generous folk at Cadbury.
The winners’ package will include a civil ceremony (if required), room hire for afternoon and evening, a three course meal, decorations, cake, disco, evening buffet and more - all for up to 40 guests.
The happy couple will also be invited to enjoy a luxury overnight stay and a romantic breakfast the following day.
You may also want to watch:
Judges are now working their way through 41-strong shortlist, ready to whittle them down to just six finalists.
The 41 couples under consideration for the £5,000 dream wedding prize are: Briony Marie Weston and Luke Harry Insley; Claire Douglas and Sam Gourlay; Tara Marsh and James Vowles; Samantha Kate Burton and Alex Michael Tree; Andrew Duncan and Jodie Brewer; Michael Cooper and Samantha Marsh; Darren Cole and Amy Gould; Verity Hodder and Martin Aldous; Pauline Cummings and Anthony Barrett; Donna O’Dea and John Holland; Rebecca Chaplin and Christian Thompson; Andrew Leatt and Stacey Parsons; Natalie Figueroa Jurado and Nathan Paul; Barry Hollow and Chima Willis; Rachel Bastin and Robert Cousins; Adeline Sheradelia and Paul Thomas; Victoria Purnell and James Wadley; Craig John Portchmouth and Louise Phillipson; Lori Gilbert and Derek Allan; Stephanie McGrory and Simon Sherriff; Joanne Catton and Karen Staddon; Angus Saunders and Catherine Cox; Paul Archer and Sam Capel; Lisa Ann Cole and Simon; Kelly Marie Norville and Jason John Sherlock; Dan Plaistow and Mariet Hulsebos; Tracy Farr and Allan Mann; Maria Whiskin and Timothy Stride; Pauline Stilgoe and Steven Fletcher; Stephen Gray and Emma Rendall; Zoe Clements and Stuart Haynes; Hannah Cross and James Matthews; Shaun Kenneth Nichols and Sarah Elizabeth Moss; Helen Eggleton and Paul Evans; Jane Vanessa Dinnis and Robert Charles Schroeder; Liam Davies and Laura Pointon; Alison Yianni and Adi Clark; Paul Hutchings and Julie Hill; Sian McNally and Jamie Clack; Sacha Marie Law and Shaun Philip Reason; Chris Sterland and Tonia Marot.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
The six couples chosen as finalists will be revealed in next week’s Mercury.