M5 closure caused by police chase crash
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A police officer has been sent to hospital following a crash on the M5, which closed the motorway for ten hours.
A 27-year-old man, who was also injured in the crash, has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving after the collision near junction 21, last night (Monday).
The crash happened took place at 9.42pm after officers from Avon and Somerset police attempted to stop a car linked to a man wanted by Staffordshire police force.
Two fire crews from Clevedon and an air ambulance service ere also in attendance.
A police officer was taken to hospital with injuries, which are not believed to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
The northbound carriageway was completely blocked and remained closed between junction 19 and 21 until just before 7.40am.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: "Anyone who witnessed the collision, or who has any information about the manner of driving of a black Ford Focus in the moments beforehand can get in touch through www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/contact and use reference 5219179902.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 3 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree