Weston Old Town Quarry hosts art exhibition
- Credit: Jackie Savage
The exhibition will include large abstracts, still lifes, landscapes and scenes from every day life along with ceramics.
Three North Somerset artists will host an art exhibition at Weston Old Town Quarry, South Road, running until August 13.
Mandy Roswell, Jackie Savage and Lucy James explained how they were drawn together by friendship, a love of nature and a desire to paint outside.
Jackie said her artistic flame was put out by the coronavirus pandemic, but news of her and her friends’ first art exhibition going ahead reignited her passion.
She said: “We, like many artists, have struggled with the artistic process through lockdown.
You may also want to watch:
“Although friendship has been a real comfort, we haven’t been able to meet up and share ideas. The news that our exhibition can go ahead has fuelled our desire to create fresh work to share with people.
“It has, however, been a real challenge to get the pictures framed in time! It will be lovely to meet and chat with likeminded visitors at the exhibition.”
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 6 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, there will be no private view for visitors.
For more information, get in touch by calling 01934 628050.