Weston Old Town Quarry hosts art exhibition
- Credit: Jackie Savage
The exhibition will include large abstracts, still lifes, landscapes and scenes from every day life along with ceramics.
Three North Somerset artists will host an art exhibition at Weston Old Town Quarry, South Road, running until August 13.
Mandy Roswell, Jackie Savage and Lucy James explained how they were drawn together by friendship, a love of nature and a desire to paint outside.
Jackie said her artistic flame was put out by the coronavirus pandemic, but news of her and her friends’ first art exhibition going ahead reignited her passion.
She said: “We, like many artists, have struggled with the artistic process through lockdown.
You may also want to watch:
“Although friendship has been a real comfort, we haven’t been able to meet up and share ideas. The news that our exhibition can go ahead has fuelled our desire to create fresh work to share with people.
“It has, however, been a real challenge to get the pictures framed in time! It will be lovely to meet and chat with likeminded visitors at the exhibition.”
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, there will be no private view for visitors.
For more information, get in touch by calling 01934 628050.