Weston Old Town Quarry hosts art exhibition
- Credit: Jackie Savage
The exhibition will include large abstracts, still lifes, landscapes and scenes from every day life along with ceramics.
Three North Somerset artists will host an art exhibition at Weston Old Town Quarry, South Road, running until August 13.
Mandy Roswell, Jackie Savage and Lucy James explained how they were drawn together by friendship, a love of nature and a desire to paint outside.
Jackie said her artistic flame was put out by the coronavirus pandemic, but news of her and her friends’ first art exhibition going ahead reignited her passion.
She said: “We, like many artists, have struggled with the artistic process through lockdown.
You may also want to watch:
“Although friendship has been a real comfort, we haven’t been able to meet up and share ideas. The news that our exhibition can go ahead has fuelled our desire to create fresh work to share with people.
“It has, however, been a real challenge to get the pictures framed in time! It will be lovely to meet and chat with likeminded visitors at the exhibition.”
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, there will be no private view for visitors.
For more information, get in touch by calling 01934 628050.