Former grammar school pupils celebrate reunion
- Credit: Archant
Old school friends reunited to share a lunch and memories at The Royal Hotel in Weston-super-Mare.
The Old Westonians Association is made up of former pupils from the old Weston Boys' And Girls' Grammar School up to 1974.
The group meets every year to have lunch, listen to speakers and hear about the travels and successes of former peers.
People aged 60-90 attended the event, along with one former pupil who lives in Canada.
Colin Tyler, who organised the event, said: "It went very well.
You may also want to watch:
"We had a couple of speakers who talked about their time at the school and what they have done since.
"We would like to thank everyone who came."
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 6 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 7 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 8 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 9 Weston Beach Race returns to Weston this weekend
- 10 PICTURES: Weston Moonlight Beach Walk raises £25,000
The Old Westonians Association meets on the first weekend of October every year.
Former pupils and teachers can find out more by emailing Anne Tyler at email@example.com