Former grammar school pupils celebrate reunion
- Credit: Archant
Old school friends reunited to share a lunch and memories at The Royal Hotel in Weston-super-Mare.
The Old Westonians Association is made up of former pupils from the old Weston Boys' And Girls' Grammar School up to 1974.
The group meets every year to have lunch, listen to speakers and hear about the travels and successes of former peers.
People aged 60-90 attended the event, along with one former pupil who lives in Canada.
Colin Tyler, who organised the event, said: "It went very well.
You may also want to watch:
"We had a couple of speakers who talked about their time at the school and what they have done since.
"We would like to thank everyone who came."
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
The Old Westonians Association meets on the first weekend of October every year.
Former pupils and teachers can find out more by emailing Anne Tyler at firstname.lastname@example.org