Most popular baby names revealed
- Credit: Archant
Oliver is still the most popular name for boys – after six years in the top spot.
The figures have been released from the Office for National Statistics (ONS), showing the most popular names chosen by new parents in England and Wales.
Olivia remained the most popular name for girls for the third year in a row.
Arthur was the only new entry in the top 10 names for boys, replacing Jacob.
Sophia and Grace replaced previous favourites Poppy and Lily in the top 10 for girls.
You may also want to watch:
Grayson, Jasper, Rowan, Tobias, Sonny and Dominic entered the top 100 last year, while Ada, Delilah, Ayla, Zoe, Margot and Felicity entered the top 100 for girls.
The ONS has suggested the surge in popularity of Ada and Arthur could be linked to the BBC drama Peaky Blinders.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown