Most popular baby names revealed
- Credit: Archant
Oliver is still the most popular name for boys – after six years in the top spot.
The figures have been released from the Office for National Statistics (ONS), showing the most popular names chosen by new parents in England and Wales.
Olivia remained the most popular name for girls for the third year in a row.
Arthur was the only new entry in the top 10 names for boys, replacing Jacob.
Sophia and Grace replaced previous favourites Poppy and Lily in the top 10 for girls.
You may also want to watch:
Grayson, Jasper, Rowan, Tobias, Sonny and Dominic entered the top 100 last year, while Ada, Delilah, Ayla, Zoe, Margot and Felicity entered the top 100 for girls.
The ONS has suggested the surge in popularity of Ada and Arthur could be linked to the BBC drama Peaky Blinders.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 10 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week