Charity to host online sing-along for the elderly
- Credit: Archant
A charity is offering Sing and Smiles sessions to help hundreds of isolated lonely people.
Golden Oldies are to host online mini sessions led by Rachel Parry and Cheryl Davies on Thursdays at 2.30pm.
The charity, best known as Goldies, was forced to cancel all 220 of its sessions last month but is maintaining contact with older people through a variety of online options.
The Goldies sing the popular hits of the 60s and onwards, and the regular weekly sing-alongs include all of the much-loved melodies that form an integral part of the sessions.
Rachel and Cheryl will also be taking song requests online at www.facebook.com/goldiesuk
You may also want to watch:
Rachel said: “We have been staggered by the response and we know the family members of our Goldies are spreading the word to try and do our bit to reduce the loneliness in these very difficult times.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 8 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 9 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 10 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub