Weston restaurant sets spicy chicken wing challenge
- Credit: Archant
Ten daring foodies braved a spicy eating contest at Weston-super-Mare’s newest baked chicken restaurant.
Oscar 'n' Ollie's, in Oxford Street, held its first ever Insane Hot Wing Challenge and invited diners in to put their taste buds to the test.
The challenge, which involved eating 12 chicken wings coated in the insane hot sauce, a portion of baked fries dusted with Cajun and ghost pepper seasoning and a portion of chilli infused with the insane hot sauce - all in 10 minutes
Chris Carson was the only contestant who managed to complete the challenge, although he said the experience was 'painful'.
Owner Steve Fowell said: "I have seen lots of food challenges including Man vs Food and Beard Meets Food and wanted to create something that will hopefully attract lots of chilli heads from around the country to our town."
You may also want to watch:
Taking part costs £25, and, if you complete the challenge, you get your money back and an Oscar 'n' Ollies trucker cap.
If you fail, the restaurant keeps the money but will donate £5 of it to Weston Hospicecare.
You can find out more at Oscar 'n' Ollie's Facebook page, or if you think you can handle the heat, email email@example.com to sign up for the next challenge.
- 1 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 3 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 6 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 7 Weston Lions cancel Real Ale Festival
- 8 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 9 Weston vets wins two awards
- 10 Teenager charged with murder in Weston