New working group to tackle deprivation in Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Archant
A new working party to ‘address health and wellbeing issues across Weston’ will be set up.
Our Weston will work alongside Weston Town Council, North Somerset Council, the Clinical Commissioning Group, Citizen’s Advice and other key stakeholders to tackle deprivation in the town.
The group is spearheaded by Central ward councillor Richard Nightingale and the town council will help to facilitate a group which will include resident representation.
Cllr Nightgale said: “I think overall everyone feels there needs to be a coalition of key interested parties to coordinate funding in areas which need additional support.
“This would be a consortium of key stakeholders whose interest would be the local community.
“The group will empower Westonians and address health and wellbeing issues which are felt across the town.
“This could be a new direction for this council.”
- 1 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 2 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 5 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 6 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 7 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 8 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 9 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 10 Items left in town centre doorways to be removed in bid to tidy Weston town centre