New working group to tackle deprivation in Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Archant
A new working party to ‘address health and wellbeing issues across Weston’ will be set up.
Our Weston will work alongside Weston Town Council, North Somerset Council, the Clinical Commissioning Group, Citizen’s Advice and other key stakeholders to tackle deprivation in the town.
The group is spearheaded by Central ward councillor Richard Nightingale and the town council will help to facilitate a group which will include resident representation.
Cllr Nightgale said: “I think overall everyone feels there needs to be a coalition of key interested parties to coordinate funding in areas which need additional support.
“This would be a consortium of key stakeholders whose interest would be the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“The group will empower Westonians and address health and wellbeing issues which are felt across the town.
“This could be a new direction for this council.”
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor