New working group to tackle deprivation in Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Archant
A new working party to ‘address health and wellbeing issues across Weston’ will be set up.
Our Weston will work alongside Weston Town Council, North Somerset Council, the Clinical Commissioning Group, Citizen’s Advice and other key stakeholders to tackle deprivation in the town.
The group is spearheaded by Central ward councillor Richard Nightingale and the town council will help to facilitate a group which will include resident representation.
Cllr Nightgale said: “I think overall everyone feels there needs to be a coalition of key interested parties to coordinate funding in areas which need additional support.
“This would be a consortium of key stakeholders whose interest would be the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“The group will empower Westonians and address health and wellbeing issues which are felt across the town.
“This could be a new direction for this council.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 5 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 6 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 10 Two shops opening for first time next week