Hundreds of vintage vehicles heading to Weston’s Beach Lawns this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of vintage and classic cars will converge on Weston’s Beach Lawns this weekend for the annual Pageant of Transport.
The event will feature a myriad of historic motor vehicles as well as local trade stalls.
It was feared the two-day charity event, which has been running for more than 40 years, would not go ahead this year after the council increased rental fees, and imposed additional conditions and charges.
However, the Weston Sea Cadets, which the event is raising funds for, stepped in and contributed £600 to allow the popular pageant to take place.
Organiser Keith Palmer said: “We have had a terrific journey getting it off the ground this year.
“Normally, it’s free entry for classic cars, but we are having to ask them to give a £2 donation.
“Thanks to the council, this may be the last one, but if it is, I want to go out on a high.”
- 1 Person dies after incident at Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 Man jailed for savage attack on three women at Weston pub
- 3 World-renowned cider maker to host family open day next month
- 4 Councillors hit back at proposed bus cuts in North Somerset
- 5 No dentist in North Somerset is accepting new NHS patients, study shows
- 6 Help reunite owner of lost photo found in charity shop purse
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 'Extreme heat' warning issued for Somerset
- 9 'Unexplained' death at Weston nightclub
- 10 Carers reach finals in top awards
The Pageant of Transport takes place from 10am-4pm this Saturday and Sunday.