Hundreds of vintage vehicles heading to Weston’s Beach Lawns this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of vintage and classic cars will converge on Weston’s Beach Lawns this weekend for the annual Pageant of Transport.
The event will feature a myriad of historic motor vehicles as well as local trade stalls.
It was feared the two-day charity event, which has been running for more than 40 years, would not go ahead this year after the council increased rental fees, and imposed additional conditions and charges.
However, the Weston Sea Cadets, which the event is raising funds for, stepped in and contributed £600 to allow the popular pageant to take place.
Organiser Keith Palmer said: “We have had a terrific journey getting it off the ground this year.
You may also want to watch:
“Normally, it’s free entry for classic cars, but we are having to ask them to give a £2 donation.
“Thanks to the council, this may be the last one, but if it is, I want to go out on a high.”
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Village's community shop to relocate
- 10 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
The Pageant of Transport takes place from 10am-4pm this Saturday and Sunday.