Hundreds of vintage vehicles heading to Weston’s Beach Lawns this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of vintage and classic cars will converge on Weston’s Beach Lawns this weekend for the annual Pageant of Transport.
The event will feature a myriad of historic motor vehicles as well as local trade stalls.
It was feared the two-day charity event, which has been running for more than 40 years, would not go ahead this year after the council increased rental fees, and imposed additional conditions and charges.
However, the Weston Sea Cadets, which the event is raising funds for, stepped in and contributed £600 to allow the popular pageant to take place.
Organiser Keith Palmer said: “We have had a terrific journey getting it off the ground this year.
You may also want to watch:
“Normally, it’s free entry for classic cars, but we are having to ask them to give a £2 donation.
“Thanks to the council, this may be the last one, but if it is, I want to go out on a high.”
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 3 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 4 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 5 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 8 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
The Pageant of Transport takes place from 10am-4pm this Saturday and Sunday.