Panto cast pay a visit to children’s hospice
- Credit: Archant
CHILDREN who spent Christmas in a hospice got the chance to meet their favourite fairytale characters when the pantomime cast from Weston-super-Mare’s Playhouse paid a visit.
Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Fairy Godmother and Buttons took some time out of their busy schedule of rehearsing and performing at the High Street venue to pay a visit to Children’s Hospice South West in Wraxall.
The cast played with the children in the garden before going inside to warm up with a sing-along around the piano.
Community fundraiser Kylie Gallagher said everyone enjoyed meeting EastEnders star Joe Swash, who played Buttons, and said: “It was lovely to see the children’s faces light up when they saw the cast walk into Charlton Farm.
“Prince Charming playing piano with the Fairy Godmother, Buttons and Cinderella in full song was a delight.
You may also want to watch:
“Some very special memories were made for the children and families staying with us and we’d like to thank The Playhouse for coming to see us during their busy panto season.”
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 3 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston gymnasts impress on Great Britain duty at European Championships
- 8 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 Help to preserve local landmarks by nominating a heritage site