Parents asked for their thoughts on new school build
PARENTS of children at two Weston schools had a chance to put forward their own ideas about a new school building
PARENTS of children at two Weston schools had a chance to put forward their own ideas about a new school building.
The start of the consultation process for a new facility to replace the Bournville Junior and Infant schools in Selworthy Road took place at two meetings at the site on December 6.
A presentation was put on by the architect and construction companies, signed up to design and build the school, to allow representatives to explain their plans and to find out any concerns people may have.
The new building, which should be complete for the autumn term of 2009, will be placed on the existing school field to the west of the current buildings and when the facility is complete the old buildings will be demolished.
You may also want to watch:
Parsons Binkerhoff architect, Terry Pinto, said: "This will be a building to serve the community that will also be kind to the environment by being sustainable.
"Parents can currently write down their comments on post-it boards in both the junior and infant schools, or they can approach me when I am on site or pass their comments through the headteacher Adam."
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
A representative of construction company Mace, Kevin Goddard, identified some issues that could arise as a result of the build, including noise and dust from building work and the fact the school will over look some properties.
He welcomed comments from nearby residents in the hope of solving any worries they may have.