Parish council's website under investigation
A PARISH council s website will be investigated by officials to see how links to unsavoury sites were started.
A PARISH council's website will be investigated by officials to see how links to unsavoury sites were started.
Last month the Weston & Somerset Mercury revealed how the facility, used to inform Yatton residents of events and news, had to be taken off-line because it was providing links to explicit material.
The interactive pages were immediately withdrawn from the public domain after the sleazy information was discovered.
This week parish councillor Faith Moulin told the Mercury the incident has been reported to The Standards Board for England, which is responsible for promoting ethics in local government.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the parish council's chat forum had to be taken off the internet because it was directing net surfers to porn and gambling sites.
People had been able to enter the site's forum to correspond with other users and post links to their personal websites but had been abusing the facility.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
The parish council made a unanimous decision on Monday night to look at creating a whole new site with another name. No more details about the form it should take have been finalised yet.