Acclaimed author talks about his Weston book
- Credit: Sub
Book-lovers are in for a literary treat as acclaimed author Patrick Gale comes to Weston.
He will talk about his latest novel Take Nothing With You, which is set in 1970s Weston and has been described by Stephen Fry as 'absolutely one of his best'.
In Conversation With Patrick Gale will be presented at Weston Museum, in Burlington Street, by Theatre Orchard.
Mr Gale will talk to published writer Bob Walton as well as take questions from the audience.
The event will provide the opportunity to meet the author, take part in the discussion and find out more about the inspiration behind the story and the many local references.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Weston is such an extraordinary, colourful place that I felt I had to write about it the moment I visited."
The event will be at 7pm on July 16 and tickets, priced £6, are available at www.theatreorchard.org.uk
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 5 Inadequate care home responds
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic