Acclaimed author talks about his Weston book
- Credit: Sub
Book-lovers are in for a literary treat as acclaimed author Patrick Gale comes to Weston.
He will talk about his latest novel Take Nothing With You, which is set in 1970s Weston and has been described by Stephen Fry as 'absolutely one of his best'.
In Conversation With Patrick Gale will be presented at Weston Museum, in Burlington Street, by Theatre Orchard.
Mr Gale will talk to published writer Bob Walton as well as take questions from the audience.
The event will provide the opportunity to meet the author, take part in the discussion and find out more about the inspiration behind the story and the many local references.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Weston is such an extraordinary, colourful place that I felt I had to write about it the moment I visited."
The event will be at 7pm on July 16 and tickets, priced £6, are available at www.theatreorchard.org.uk
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 Record fuel prices pose health threat for Weston parent
- 3 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 9 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 10 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look