Meet the first man to run every road in Weston!
- Credit: Paul Cousins
A long-distance runner has become the first-ever person to run every street in Weston.
Paul Cousins, a member of Weston Athletic Club, unknowingly began the feat last year while recovering from a torn patellar tendon.
But after logging his runs with route tracker City Strides, Mr Cousins became determined to conquer all Weston roads.
He recounted: "I was building up my fitness as I recovered from my injury and it became addictive.
"I noticed no one else had completed every street so it became a project."
There are more than 1,000 streets in Weston, spanning around 160 miles, according to City Strider.
Paul believes he has run more than 350 miles in total completing the challenge, taking into account journeys to and from the roads he was yet to cover.
- 1 See Monster viewing platform to open next week
- 2 Pictures show police deal with man on rooftops in Weston
- 3 More than 20 people fined for discarding fags and off-lead dogs
- 4 Consultation on resident parking zones launched to reduce traffic in Weston
- 5 Police appeal after hit-and-run in Weston
- 6 Man jailed for savage attack on three women at Weston pub
- 7 Person dies after incident at Weston's Marine Lake
- 8 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 9 Petition launched to halt planned bus cuts in North Somerset
- 10 Councillors hit back at proposed bus cuts in North Somerset
He added: "My favourite street was definitely the final one.
"I began the journey in May 2021 and spent nine months completing it."
Next up, Paul will take part in the Weston Half Marathon on March 27 and has also qualified for the Boston Marathon in April where he will represent Weston Athletic Club.