Fundraiser to take on five-hour walk around pier for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
A 69-year-old man is taking part in a five-hour charity walk around the pier in memory of his brother-in-law.
Paul Hobbs, from Weston-super-Mare, will be walking laps of the Grand Pier’s boardwalk tomorrow (Friday) from noon until 5pm in a bid to raise £1,000 for Cancer Research UK.
Paul is completing the walk a few weeks before his birthday to celebrate his 25th year of fundraising.
He said: “My five-hour Grand Pier walk will be part of my 25th anniversary year of fundraising events, and I hope to raise lots of money for this wonderful charity to help towards their crucial research.
“I lost my close friend and brother-in-law Alan to cancer recently, so this walk is my personal tribute to him.”
You may also want to watch:
Paul has raised almost £700,000 for a variety of worthy causes by taking part in a variety of events.
To sponsor Paul, visit fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/pauls-grand-pier-fundraiser
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 7 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 8 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks