Fundraiser to take on five-hour walk around pier for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
A 69-year-old man is taking part in a five-hour charity walk around the pier in memory of his brother-in-law.
Paul Hobbs, from Weston-super-Mare, will be walking laps of the Grand Pier’s boardwalk tomorrow (Friday) from noon until 5pm in a bid to raise £1,000 for Cancer Research UK.
Paul is completing the walk a few weeks before his birthday to celebrate his 25th year of fundraising.
He said: “My five-hour Grand Pier walk will be part of my 25th anniversary year of fundraising events, and I hope to raise lots of money for this wonderful charity to help towards their crucial research.
“I lost my close friend and brother-in-law Alan to cancer recently, so this walk is my personal tribute to him.”
Paul has raised almost £700,000 for a variety of worthy causes by taking part in a variety of events.
To sponsor Paul, visit fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/pauls-grand-pier-fundraiser
- 1 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 2 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 5 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 6 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 7 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 8 Temperatures in Somerset drop to -6C - but what about the weekend?
- 9 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 10 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe