Pedestrian rushed to Weston hospital with head injuries after hit-and-run collision
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 60s was taken to Weston General Hospital with head injuries after being struck by a car in a hit-and-run collision.
The pedestrian was walking in the B3135 Axbridge Road, in Cheddar, yesterday (Wednesday) between 10-10.15am when he was hit near the BP petrol station.
The driver of the car failed to stop.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary has appealed for witnesses to come forward.
Its spokesman said: "The car involved is likely to have damage to the bonnet area, front grill, lights and the windscreen from the impact.
You may also want to watch:
"We're keen to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have information to help our enquiries.
"We would particularly like to hear from anyone who was using the B3135 at the time of the incident who may have dash cam footage."
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
- 10 Hospitality Day 2021: Weston micropub thriving once again following reopening
Witnesses are urged to call 101, quoting reference number 5219246009.