Pedestrian rushed to Weston hospital with head injuries after hit-and-run collision
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 60s was taken to Weston General Hospital with head injuries after being struck by a car in a hit-and-run collision.
The pedestrian was walking in the B3135 Axbridge Road, in Cheddar, yesterday (Wednesday) between 10-10.15am when he was hit near the BP petrol station.
The driver of the car failed to stop.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary has appealed for witnesses to come forward.
Its spokesman said: "The car involved is likely to have damage to the bonnet area, front grill, lights and the windscreen from the impact.
"We're keen to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have information to help our enquiries.
"We would particularly like to hear from anyone who was using the B3135 at the time of the incident who may have dash cam footage."
- 1 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 2 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 3 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
- 7 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 8 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 9 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 10 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
Witnesses are urged to call 101, quoting reference number 5219246009.