Pedestrian killed in collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian has died following a collision with a car on the A38.
Police were called at 5am this morning (Tuesday) to a collision involving a pedestrian and a car near junction 22 of the M5 motorway.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The A38 northbound, near junction 22 of the M5 at Brent Knoll, is currently closed in both directions following the incident.
Traffic is being diverted and the road is expected to remain closed until noon while collision investigators examine the scene.
Avon and Somerset police is appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to get in touch.
Officers would also like to hear from anyone who saw someone walking in the area in the early hours.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 3 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 4 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 8 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 9 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 10 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
Anyone with any information is asked to get in touch with the police at www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/contact or by calling 101 quoting reference 5219214529.
To keep up to date with traffic in the area, follow @HighwaysSWest on Twitter.