Pedestrian killed in collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian has died following a collision with a car on the A38.
Police were called at 5am this morning (Tuesday) to a collision involving a pedestrian and a car near junction 22 of the M5 motorway.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The A38 northbound, near junction 22 of the M5 at Brent Knoll, is currently closed in both directions following the incident.
Traffic is being diverted and the road is expected to remain closed until noon while collision investigators examine the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Avon and Somerset police is appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to get in touch.
Officers would also like to hear from anyone who saw someone walking in the area in the early hours.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 6 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
Anyone with any information is asked to get in touch with the police at www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/contact or by calling 101 quoting reference 5219214529.
To keep up to date with traffic in the area, follow @HighwaysSWest on Twitter.