Pedestrian killed in collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian has died following a collision with a car on the A38.
Police were called at 5am this morning (Tuesday) to a collision involving a pedestrian and a car near junction 22 of the M5 motorway.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The A38 northbound, near junction 22 of the M5 at Brent Knoll, is currently closed in both directions following the incident.
Traffic is being diverted and the road is expected to remain closed until noon while collision investigators examine the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Avon and Somerset police is appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to get in touch.
Officers would also like to hear from anyone who saw someone walking in the area in the early hours.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 10 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
Anyone with any information is asked to get in touch with the police at www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/contact or by calling 101 quoting reference 5219214529.
To keep up to date with traffic in the area, follow @HighwaysSWest on Twitter.