Pedestrian killed in collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian has died following a collision with a car on the A38.
Police were called at 5am this morning (Tuesday) to a collision involving a pedestrian and a car near junction 22 of the M5 motorway.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The A38 northbound, near junction 22 of the M5 at Brent Knoll, is currently closed in both directions following the incident.
Traffic is being diverted and the road is expected to remain closed until noon while collision investigators examine the scene.
Avon and Somerset police is appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to get in touch.
Officers would also like to hear from anyone who saw someone walking in the area in the early hours.
- 1 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 2 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 5 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 6 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 7 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 8 Temperatures in Somerset drop to -6C - but what about the weekend?
- 9 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 10 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
Anyone with any information is asked to get in touch with the police at www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/contact or by calling 101 quoting reference 5219214529.
To keep up to date with traffic in the area, follow @HighwaysSWest on Twitter.