Pedestrian seriously injured in A370 lorry crash
- Credit: Tony Beeston
Avon and Somerset Constabulary has closed the A370 in North Somerset to allow the air ambulance to land after a pedestrian was seriously injured in an accident involving a lorry.
The accident occurred at about 10am in Station Road, Congresbury and the police have shut the A370 between junction 21 of M5 (Weston-super-Mare) and the village centre.
Emergency services are on the scene, including the air ambulance.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said: “We have closed the A370 between junction 21 of the M5 and the junction of Bristol Road/Smallway in the centre of Congresbury.
“This follows a serious road traffic collision between a lorry and a pedestrian at about 10am in Station Road.
You may also want to watch:
“An air ambulance is at the scene.
“The closures are likely to remain in place for some time.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 6 Winscombe show home crowned best in South West
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Bristol Airport is advising passengers to leave extra time to get to the terminal as a result.