Winner of cheeky Penny Chuffin’ Competition announced
- Credit: Archant
The winner of a cheeky competition to lodge coins between competitors’ bottom cheeks has been announced.
The annual Penny Chuffin’ Competiton, held at the New Inn in Wedmore, saw competitors go bottom-to-bottom for an evening of tense competition.
The contest involved people clenching coins in-between their bottom cheeks, walking across the pub and dropping them into a tankard.
Competitors were given three runs at qualifying for the final which saw them waddle a tricky four yards toward potential glory.
The competition was fought fiercely from the outset, with many achieving a highly respectable score of eight points. Sadly, competitor Gary Stimpson bottomed out with a score of zero.
Winner Julie Powell posted the maximum score of nine and says she is ‘chuffed’ with the result.
The competition raised £69 for Children in Need.
- 1 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 2 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 5 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 6 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 7 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 8 Temperatures in Somerset drop to -6C - but what about the weekend?
- 9 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 10 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe