Winner of cheeky Penny Chuffin’ Competition announced
- Credit: Archant
The winner of a cheeky competition to lodge coins between competitors’ bottom cheeks has been announced.
The annual Penny Chuffin’ Competiton, held at the New Inn in Wedmore, saw competitors go bottom-to-bottom for an evening of tense competition.
The contest involved people clenching coins in-between their bottom cheeks, walking across the pub and dropping them into a tankard.
Competitors were given three runs at qualifying for the final which saw them waddle a tricky four yards toward potential glory.
The competition was fought fiercely from the outset, with many achieving a highly respectable score of eight points. Sadly, competitor Gary Stimpson bottomed out with a score of zero.
You may also want to watch:
Winner Julie Powell posted the maximum score of nine and says she is ‘chuffed’ with the result.
The competition raised £69 for Children in Need.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife