Winner of cheeky Penny Chuffin’ Competition announced
- Credit: Archant
The winner of a cheeky competition to lodge coins between competitors’ bottom cheeks has been announced.
The annual Penny Chuffin’ Competiton, held at the New Inn in Wedmore, saw competitors go bottom-to-bottom for an evening of tense competition.
The contest involved people clenching coins in-between their bottom cheeks, walking across the pub and dropping them into a tankard.
Competitors were given three runs at qualifying for the final which saw them waddle a tricky four yards toward potential glory.
The competition was fought fiercely from the outset, with many achieving a highly respectable score of eight points. Sadly, competitor Gary Stimpson bottomed out with a score of zero.
You may also want to watch:
Winner Julie Powell posted the maximum score of nine and says she is ‘chuffed’ with the result.
The competition raised £69 for Children in Need.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival