Elderly brothers to shave their hair for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A Weston pensioner whose ‘first and last girlfriend’ died after years of battling cancer will shave his hair in a bid to raise money for charity.
Keith Johnson, aged 74, will be joined by his brother John, aged 75, for the Brave The Shave fundraiser on August 16.
Judie Johnson, Keith's wife, died in April after battling stomach cancer, having also fought breast cancer 20 years ago.
Keith said the shave is to thank Macmillan Cancer Support for its work with families.
He said: "Judie was my first and last girlfriend, we got together in 1965.
"I was 16 years old at the time, and we had been married for more than 30 years when she passed away in April.
"The support and treatment she received at Weston Hospice and the hospital were outstanding.
- 1 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
- 2 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 3 Forest school 'like no other' is helping change the lives of children
- 4 Vegan cafe opens in Grove Park
- 5 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 6 Rail workers stage walkout in Weston for better working conditions and job security
- 7 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 8 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 9 Land near railway station could be sold for housing
- 10 COUNCIL COLUMN: 'Creating the best communities we can...'
"My brother came up with the idea after seeing it on TV and my daughter signed us up."
To donate, visit www.bravetheshave.macmillan.org.uk/shavers/keith-johnson