Elderly brothers to shave their hair for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A Weston pensioner whose ‘first and last girlfriend’ died after years of battling cancer will shave his hair in a bid to raise money for charity.
Keith Johnson, aged 74, will be joined by his brother John, aged 75, for the Brave The Shave fundraiser on August 16.
Judie Johnson, Keith's wife, died in April after battling stomach cancer, having also fought breast cancer 20 years ago.
Keith said the shave is to thank Macmillan Cancer Support for its work with families.
He said: "Judie was my first and last girlfriend, we got together in 1965.
You may also want to watch:
"I was 16 years old at the time, and we had been married for more than 30 years when she passed away in April.
"The support and treatment she received at Weston Hospice and the hospital were outstanding.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
"My brother came up with the idea after seeing it on TV and my daughter signed us up."
To donate, visit www.bravetheshave.macmillan.org.uk/shavers/keith-johnson