Beachgoers rescued from mud in Weston
- Credit: Nick Page. Hayman.
Emergency services were called out to help several people who strayed into the mud on Weston-super-Mare beach on Sunday.
Weston Coastguard Rescue Team, fire crews and paramedics attended after around 20 people were spotted in the mud.
The pictures, taken by Nick Page Hayman, show a man covered from head to toe wallowing in the mud.
A tweet by Weston Coastguard Rescue Team, stated: “We were tasked to reports of a person struggling in mud around the Knightstone area.
“As the two coastguard mud techs jumped aboard Avon Fire and Rescue Service’s hovercraft Firefly, news came through that the casualty had self-rescued and was with Clevedon Coastguard.”
You may also want to watch:
A further 20 members of the public were checked and advised to return to the safe areas of the beach.
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 5 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 6 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 10 Two shops opening for first time next week