Beachgoers rescued from mud in Weston
- Credit: Nick Page. Hayman.
Emergency services were called out to help several people who strayed into the mud on Weston-super-Mare beach on Sunday.
Weston Coastguard Rescue Team, fire crews and paramedics attended after around 20 people were spotted in the mud.
The pictures, taken by Nick Page Hayman, show a man covered from head to toe wallowing in the mud.
A tweet by Weston Coastguard Rescue Team, stated: “We were tasked to reports of a person struggling in mud around the Knightstone area.
“As the two coastguard mud techs jumped aboard Avon Fire and Rescue Service’s hovercraft Firefly, news came through that the casualty had self-rescued and was with Clevedon Coastguard.”
You may also want to watch:
A further 20 members of the public were checked and advised to return to the safe areas of the beach.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 10 School producing science champions