Beachgoers rescued from mud in Weston
- Credit: Nick Page. Hayman.
Emergency services were called out to help several people who strayed into the mud on Weston-super-Mare beach on Sunday.
Weston Coastguard Rescue Team, fire crews and paramedics attended after around 20 people were spotted in the mud.
The pictures, taken by Nick Page Hayman, show a man covered from head to toe wallowing in the mud.
A tweet by Weston Coastguard Rescue Team, stated: “We were tasked to reports of a person struggling in mud around the Knightstone area.
“As the two coastguard mud techs jumped aboard Avon Fire and Rescue Service’s hovercraft Firefly, news came through that the casualty had self-rescued and was with Clevedon Coastguard.”
You may also want to watch:
A further 20 members of the public were checked and advised to return to the safe areas of the beach.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 5 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 6 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 7 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 8 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 9 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder