Person dies after being hit by train – delays between Weston and Bristol
- Credit: Archant
Trains between Weston-super-Mare and Bristol Temple Meads are delayed this afternoon (Tuesday) after a person was killed after being struck by a train.
The incident happened at Parson Street near Bristol just before 1pm.
Disruption to rail services is expected until 4pm.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: "At 12.58pm today officers were called to Parson Street station after reports of a casualty on the tracks.
"Paramedics also attended and a person was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
"Officers are now working to identify the person and inform their family.
"This incident is not currently being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner."
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
A National Rail spokesman said: "All lines have reopened following an incident where a person was been hit by a train between Bristol Temple Meads and Worle.
"Trains between Bristol Temple Meads and Taunton are returning to normal but may still be cancelled, delayed or revised.
"Disruption is expected until 4pm.
"Replacement road transport is in place between Bristol Temple Meads and Weston in both directions until further notice.
"You may use your ticket on CrossCountry services via any reasonable route. You may also use your ticket on local buses on routes 21, 21A, 21C, 54, 75, 76, X1, X2, X5, X7, X8, X9 and X73."