Person hit by train between Weston and Taunton
- Credit: Archant
Train services between Weston-super-Mare and Taunton have been cancelled after a person was hit by a train this afternoon (Thursday).
Transport police confirmed a person had been struck on the line near West Huntspill at just after 1pm.
Paramedics attended the scene but the person was confirmed dead at the scene.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
Services running through Weston and Taunton are returning to normal but some services may still be cancelled or delayed with disruption likely until 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Coaches are currently replacing First Great Western services between Taunton to Weston.
CrossCountry are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
The buses of Somerset routes 21, 21A, 21C, which affects people commuting from Weston, Highbridge & Burnham-on-Sea, Bridgwater and Taunton are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice.
Due to emergency services dealing with the incident between all lines are blocked.
Rail ticket holders may also travel on First Somerset buses at this time.