Person hit by train between Weston and Taunton
- Credit: Archant
Train services between Weston-super-Mare and Taunton have been cancelled after a person was hit by a train this afternoon (Thursday).
Transport police confirmed a person had been struck on the line near West Huntspill at just after 1pm.
Paramedics attended the scene but the person was confirmed dead at the scene.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
Services running through Weston and Taunton are returning to normal but some services may still be cancelled or delayed with disruption likely until 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Coaches are currently replacing First Great Western services between Taunton to Weston.
CrossCountry are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 School to host outdoor open day
The buses of Somerset routes 21, 21A, 21C, which affects people commuting from Weston, Highbridge & Burnham-on-Sea, Bridgwater and Taunton are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice.
Due to emergency services dealing with the incident between all lines are blocked.
Rail ticket holders may also travel on First Somerset buses at this time.