Pets join worshippers for church service
- Credit: Archant
Animal lovers took their beloved pets into church for a thanksgiving service in Milton.
Milton Methodist Church, in Milton Hill, held a pet service on Sunday and invited the congregation to take along their four-legged, feathered and slithering friends.
Worshippers filled the chairs along with 12 well-behaved dogs and a giant African land snail owned by Alice.
The Rev Angie Hoare held a short service to give thanks for all the creatures, reminiscent of the pet services held by The Vicar Of Dibley in the hit TV sitcom. Sue Jordan from Milton Methodist Church said: "The Rev Angie Hoare invited all pets with their owners to attend a short service of thanksgiving for all God's wonderful creatures.
"We all enjoyed songs, Bible readings and prayers.
You may also want to watch:
"Each pet received a special blessing and prayer from the Rev Angie and her two helpers, Csilla and Anne.
"We all had a great time."
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 Inadequate care home responds
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic