Firefighters called to deal with suspected petrol leak
PUBLISHED: 11:00 01 January 2019 | UPDATED: 10:05 02 January 2019
Firefighters were called this morning (Tuesday) to deal with a petrol leak.
A strong smell of petrol was detected in Axbridge’s St Mary Street, prompting the emergency call.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call reporting a strong smell of petrol.
“Blue Watch fire control immediately mobilised one fire appliance from Cheddar to attend this incident.
“On arrival the incident commander confirmed a petrol leak from a generator which the crew removed from the property.
“The crew got to work naturally ventilating the property then used a positive pressure ventilation fan to ensure all fumes were out of the property.
“The crew thoroughly checked the property using a gas monitor and a hose reel jet for firefighter protection.
“The incident was handed back to the occupier.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.