PHOTOS: Fabulous flowers at spring show
- Credit: Archant
Pretty pansies, polyanthuses and primroses were among the flowers on display at a village spring show at the weekend.
Banwell Gardening Club hosted its seasonal showcase at the village hall on Saturday, with dozens of villagers showing off the results of their hard work in the garden and greenhouse.
William Dawson earned most points in the show for his entries, while Margaret Purkiss and Jenny Price walked home with best exhibit awards.
Melissa Sunshine, Rosie Pullen and Issy Watson were all praised for their entries in the children’s classes.
Club chairman Tom Couch said: “The show lived up to expectations and put on a very good display from flowers to flower arranging, cake making to embroidery.
You may also want to watch:
“The entry’s on display where of a very high standard considering the conditions we have been getting of late.
“Thanks must go to Mrs Lyn Ralph and her team for putting on the show.”
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple