PHOTOS: Fabulous flowers at spring show
- Credit: Archant
Pretty pansies, polyanthuses and primroses were among the flowers on display at a village spring show at the weekend.
Banwell Gardening Club hosted its seasonal showcase at the village hall on Saturday, with dozens of villagers showing off the results of their hard work in the garden and greenhouse.
William Dawson earned most points in the show for his entries, while Margaret Purkiss and Jenny Price walked home with best exhibit awards.
Melissa Sunshine, Rosie Pullen and Issy Watson were all praised for their entries in the children’s classes.
Club chairman Tom Couch said: “The show lived up to expectations and put on a very good display from flowers to flower arranging, cake making to embroidery.
You may also want to watch:
“The entry’s on display where of a very high standard considering the conditions we have been getting of late.
“Thanks must go to Mrs Lyn Ralph and her team for putting on the show.”
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years