PHOTOS: Fabulous flowers at spring show
- Credit: Archant
Pretty pansies, polyanthuses and primroses were among the flowers on display at a village spring show at the weekend.
Banwell Gardening Club hosted its seasonal showcase at the village hall on Saturday, with dozens of villagers showing off the results of their hard work in the garden and greenhouse.
William Dawson earned most points in the show for his entries, while Margaret Purkiss and Jenny Price walked home with best exhibit awards.
Melissa Sunshine, Rosie Pullen and Issy Watson were all praised for their entries in the children’s classes.
Club chairman Tom Couch said: “The show lived up to expectations and put on a very good display from flowers to flower arranging, cake making to embroidery.
“The entry’s on display where of a very high standard considering the conditions we have been getting of late.
“Thanks must go to Mrs Lyn Ralph and her team for putting on the show.”
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 3 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 4 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'
- 5 How Somerset's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 6 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 7 Teachers at school take on Movember challenge
- 8 Weston street comes together to switch-on Christmas lights
- 9 Consultation to rename the Sovereign Centre begins tomorrow
- 10 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks