PHOTOS: Spring sunshine sees super exhibits at village showcase
- Credit: Archant
Green-fingered villagers have been busy in the sunshine and showcased the fruits of their labour at a spring show.
Congresbury Gardening Club hosted its exhibition at the Old School Rooms on March 30, where people displayed their creations for judging.
Vaci Koblizek was one of the shows big winners, taking home the prize for best exhibit for his pretty flowers.
Rosemary Bailey won an award for her flower arrangement, while John Chaplin claimed first prize in the orchid category with his pink display.
Jane Hares won a special prize for her beautiful daffodils and Dave Miles’ rhubarb caught the judges’ eyes.
You may also want to watch:
Plenty of children entered the shows many classes, including Martha Smith, Thomas Brumby, and Lauren and Chloe Chetland – all of whom took home certificates.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 6 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 10 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district