PHOTOS: Spring sunshine sees super exhibits at village showcase
- Credit: Archant
Green-fingered villagers have been busy in the sunshine and showcased the fruits of their labour at a spring show.
Congresbury Gardening Club hosted its exhibition at the Old School Rooms on March 30, where people displayed their creations for judging.
Vaci Koblizek was one of the shows big winners, taking home the prize for best exhibit for his pretty flowers.
Rosemary Bailey won an award for her flower arrangement, while John Chaplin claimed first prize in the orchid category with his pink display.
Jane Hares won a special prize for her beautiful daffodils and Dave Miles’ rhubarb caught the judges’ eyes.
You may also want to watch:
Plenty of children entered the shows many classes, including Martha Smith, Thomas Brumby, and Lauren and Chloe Chetland – all of whom took home certificates.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision