PHOTOS: Novelty carrots and giant cabbages wow judges at village show
- Credit: Archant
Banwell Gardening Club enjoyed its ‘best show in years’ at the weekend, with hundreds of exhibits on display.
The annual horticultural show was held at the village hall on Saturday, with 'brilliant' flowers, vegetables, bakes and crafts entered in the competition.
The hall was packed with vibrant roses, dahlias and fuchsias as Banwell's keen gardeners showed off the fruits of their labour over the summer.
Chairman Tom Couch was delighted with the 'brilliant' displays.
He said: "The show was one of the best that we have had for some years.
You may also want to watch:
"The number of entries was well up on other years with more than 300 exhibits and this all went to making a very good show.
"We have to thank every person who entered the show, as well as praise the hard work put in by the committee and helpers which helped set up, run and take down the show, all under the guidance of show secretary Lyn Ralph."
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision