PHOTOS: Christmas fundraiser for Birnbeck Pier
- Credit: Archant
A Christmas fair raised valuable cash to help preserve a Weston landmark at the weekend.
The Birnbeck Regeneration Trust hosted its annual festive fair at the Boulevard United Reformed Church on November 9, where guests enjoyed browsing a wide range of stalls in search of stocking fillers.
A healthy crowd also tucked into tasty sweet treats and had fun chancing their arm on a spin of the tombola.
Among the stallholders were Shane and Debora Pratt of JR Suncatchers, who offered up a range of Christmas trinkets.
Delicious cakes were served by Barbara Petry, Sue Adams and Lesley McCann, while Sammy Aldridge showcased her mum's edible bouquets.
You may also want to watch:
People were also able to stock up on Christmas cards and gifts from Hannah Fursdon's stall.
The event raised money to support the trust's efforts to save Weston's decaying Birnbeck Pier.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 5 Inadequate care home responds
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 8 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic