PHOTOS: Christmas fundraiser for Birnbeck Pier
- Credit: Archant
A Christmas fair raised valuable cash to help preserve a Weston landmark at the weekend.
The Birnbeck Regeneration Trust hosted its annual festive fair at the Boulevard United Reformed Church on November 9, where guests enjoyed browsing a wide range of stalls in search of stocking fillers.
A healthy crowd also tucked into tasty sweet treats and had fun chancing their arm on a spin of the tombola.
Among the stallholders were Shane and Debora Pratt of JR Suncatchers, who offered up a range of Christmas trinkets.
Delicious cakes were served by Barbara Petry, Sue Adams and Lesley McCann, while Sammy Aldridge showcased her mum's edible bouquets.
You may also want to watch:
People were also able to stock up on Christmas cards and gifts from Hannah Fursdon's stall.
The event raised money to support the trust's efforts to save Weston's decaying Birnbeck Pier.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Village enjoys returning horticultural show
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse