Plastic on oven causes kitchen fire

PUBLISHED: 18:37 19 October 2015 | UPDATED: 18:51 19 October 2015

Fire engine

Fire engine

Archant

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a kitchen fire today (Monday).

One fire engine was sent to Mendip Way in Burnham-on-Sea following a report of a smoke alarm going off shortly after 4.20pm.

A spokesman from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “On arrival at the scene crew confirmed the alarm was activated by a small fire in the kitchen and got to work to investigate.”

The fire had been caused by plastic items on the stove. Firefighters ventilated the area and made the property safe.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury