Playhouse set to rock - and tickets up for grabs
ROY Orbison, The Hollies, The Moody Blues and Cliff Richard are just some of the legendary artists which will be paid tribute to by a group of renowned international musicians – and you could win tickets.
Five world-class musicians, singers and songwriters combine their experience of touring with some of the most iconic bands ever to create the Reflections Of A Rock ‘n’ Roll Tour.
Gordon Marshall from The Moody Blues, Paul Bliss, Marcus Cliffe, Huw Davies from War Of The Worlds and special guest star Peter Howarth, current lead singer of The Hollies, all feature.
After 25 years of playing across the world with Britain’s most influential and legendary acts, the show will highlight some of the best rock and pop music of a generation.
The show will be packed with hits including Pretty Woman, Nights In White Satin, He Ain’t Heavy (He’s My Brother) and more.
You may also want to watch:
Cliff Richard, The Manfreds, The Who, Eric Clapton, Dionne Warwick, David Essex, Lionel Ritchie and more, it is not just a cover band but a group of sublimely experienced rockers.
Reflections Of A Rock ‘n’ Roll Tour is coming to The Playhouse on October 6 from 7.30pm.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 5 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 8 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
Tickets, priced �17-18.50, are available by going to www.theplayhouse.co.uk or by calling 01934 645544.
n The Mercury has teamed up with The Playhouse to offer three lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to the show.
To enter, simply answer the following question: Complete the name of this rock classic: Pretty _______
Send your answer, along with your name, address and a daytime telephone number to: Reflections Of A Rock ‘n’ Roll Tour Competition, Weston, Worle & Somerset Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, by 9am on October 2.
Alternatively, log on to www.westonmercury.co.uk to enter.
Usual Archant competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.