Why we are asking for your support
- Credit: Archant
Now more than ever, local journalism matters.
In addition to holding public services to account, or bringing you the latest news from our high streets, our courts and our sports teams, our staff are now working round the clock to provide you with the latest, fact-checked information on our region’s fight against coronavirus.
And now more than ever, we need your help to build a sustainable future for trusted local news.
Our reporting costs money, and so does providing our communities with the news for free on our websites. You will already know about the tough times facing local newspapers across the world and the situation has hardly been improved by recent events.
You may also want to watch:
So to help us keep doing what we do and help keep you informed, we are inviting readers of our websites to give their financial support to our work. You’ll be invited to do so next time you visit us. You can contribute any amount you like, as a one-off or a recurring contribution.
I’m proud of our community and proud of what we do for it. I strongly believe that accurate, useful, honest, local journalism is vital to its future and I know you believe that too.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 10 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
That’s why I hope you will help us. Every single gesture of support will keep us fighting for you and our region.
Vicky Angear, Editor