Why we are asking for your support
- Credit: Archant
Now more than ever, local journalism matters.
In addition to holding public services to account, or bringing you the latest news from our high streets, our courts and our sports teams, our staff are now working round the clock to provide you with the latest, fact-checked information on our region’s fight against coronavirus.
And now more than ever, we need your help to build a sustainable future for trusted local news.
Our reporting costs money, and so does providing our communities with the news for free on our websites. You will already know about the tough times facing local newspapers across the world and the situation has hardly been improved by recent events.
You may also want to watch:
So to help us keep doing what we do and help keep you informed, we are inviting readers of our websites to give their financial support to our work. You’ll be invited to do so next time you visit us. You can contribute any amount you like, as a one-off or a recurring contribution.
I’m proud of our community and proud of what we do for it. I strongly believe that accurate, useful, honest, local journalism is vital to its future and I know you believe that too.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
That’s why I hope you will help us. Every single gesture of support will keep us fighting for you and our region.
Vicky Angear, Editor