PCC to speak to concerned villagers at public meeting
- Credit: Supplied
Villagers will be able to voice their concerns to the Police and Crime Commissioner during a public meeting.
Cheddar Parish Council is hosting a public meeting with Avon and Somerset Constabulary’s PCC Sue Mountstevens today (Tuesday).
Ms Mounstevens will also be addressing their concerns about antisocial behaviour and policing which has been an increasing problem.
A council spokesman said: “Despite efforts by the police to control the problems, Cheddar continues to suffer from speeding and antisocial driving, both in the gorge and through the village.
“There is also a significant concern about drug use.”
You may also want to watch:
The police recently relocated from the station, in Cliff Street, to Kings of Wessex Academy in Station Road.
The meeting will be held at 7pm this evening at Fairlands Middle School.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 4 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 5 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 9 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 10 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant