Witness appeal after car collides with wall
- Credit: Google Street View
Police are appealing for witnesses to a road traffic collision after a driver fled the scene.
The incident in Cheddar took place at the junction of Cliff Street and Union Street on March 8 between 10.45-11.15am.
The driver of a silver Volkswagen Golf collided with a wall outside a property in Union Street, and the car landed on the pavement.
The Volkswagen sustained damage to the front passenger side, which could not be driven after the incident.
There was minor damage caused to the wall in the road and the driver is reported to have fled the scene.
He is described as a white man and was wearing a blue hooded top at the time of the incident.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary wants to hear from anyone who may have seen the collision as police believe there was a car meet in Cheddar that morning.
- 1 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 2 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 3 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 4 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 5 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 6 How you can keep your mobile charged at Glastonbury 2022
- 7 Weston business launches recruitment drive
- 8 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandals strike
- 9 'Caring' cat who saved owner up for national award
- 10 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
People who witnessed the incident or have dash-cam or mobile footage, are asked to call 101 and quote reference number 5220060842.