Man left with fractured skull and another with minor injuries after town centre incidents
- Credit: Google
Two incidents which left one man with a fractured skull and another needing stitches are being investigated by police.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary are appealing for witnesses after officers were called to reports of an altercation involving a large group of people on Marine Drive, in Burnham-on-Sea at approximately 3.30am on July 14.
When they arrived at the scene several of the group ran off.
Soon after, they attended another disturbance in the car park of the nearby Lighthouse Inn.
Two men needed hospital treatment for injuries sustained during the incidents.
You may also want to watch:
A 27-year-old man suffered a fractured skull and a broken finger, while a 29-year-old man had minor head injuries including needing stitches to a cut to his ear.
A police spokesman said: "If you saw any part of this disorder and have not yet spoken to us please call 101, quoting reference 5219160239.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
"Alternatively you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100 per cent anonymously on 0800 555111."